Today is 2/12. Use today to power a train and start going the extra mile.
Sam Parker, the author of the 212 the extra degree book, came up with this idea to help inspire and motivate everyone in an organization to make the extra effort in their daily lives. This idea has been used in workshops and trainings around the world and has known to create great outcomes.
Parker's main point and goal of his teachings is this: It’s the only one extra degree that makes all of the difference.
According to inspireyourpeople.com, you should strive to be 212 every day, not just on February 12th.
How can you go the extra degree? Here are some examples they list:
- 2 extra acts of kindness weekly
- Plant 104 more seeds of generosity each year-- think of how far all of that kindness can take you!
- 15 extra minutes a day
- Create over 90 hours each year for what’s most important to you -- focus on what you love.
- 1 extra contact daily
- Sparks 180 more connections every 6 months -- think about all of those new LinkedIn contacts you will make!
- 1 extra risk each week
- Leads to 52 more opportunities every year for excitement and possibility.
Each day, MRP as a company strives to dig deeper, be more flexible and responsive and make better things happen for the people around us. Our goal is to go the extra degree for your plastic closures! Let us help you with your next packaging project. We want to go the extra mile and make your packaging experience the best you ever had!
Take today, 2/12, to the extra degree. Whether it is at work, home or with your family, do something extra that you wouldn't normally do.