At the recent Sustainability Summit held in early October 2012, the world population projection of nine billion by the year 2050 was used to underscore the importance of implementing sustainable packaging ideas to protect our fragile environment. Considering the impact of other future possibilities including weather events related to climate change disrupting supply chains and resource depletion, sustainability will be a necessary part of everyday business operations and the mainstream consumer experience. So why not start now? The Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA), a cosponsor of the Summit, has made significant efforts to reduce the amount of material used in its packaging and supply chain. For example, GMA members reported that more than 1.5 billion pounds of packaging were avoided from 2005 to 2010. Weatherchem is following suit by focusing on sustainability throughout every aspect of packaging. Its product design and production processes consider solutions that are not only business-friendly, but environmentally-friendly:
- Metrics – measure sustainability performance using globally recognized metrics
- Community – work with local organizations and universities
- Products – maintain sustainability through design
- Environment – conserve resources and utilize efficiency
- People – emphasize wellness, training and safety
Need caps or closures
for a current design project?
Select your samples and
we'll ship them to you at no cost!